Monday, September 26, 2011

Cupcake Party ::. Jillie's 1st Birthday

My baby girl is ONE! I can't believe it, I really don't know where the time went (tear). But anyway, enough babbling... onto the decorations.

I think I kinda went overboard on this one and if I keep trying to outdo my last party I'm in trouble! Eventually I'm going to either run out of time or out of sanity... not sure which one will come first.

Starting off, we have the front door...
Simple. Boring dollar store cupcakes and balloon (iparty).

Then in the entryway (in case you weren't sure why you were here...)

Moving on a little bit we have the "Shrine of Jillie"

On the mantle we have her month by month banner (using the paper accordion fan thingys as a background that I can not possibly recall where I saw instead of the circle that I used for Charlotte's 1st birthday month by month banner)

and NOW onto the CUPCAKE (and dessert) TABLE!
Click to enlarge (and I am really proud of this so go ahead and click!)
PS - I made the table cloth too... and love the doilies scattered around

The breakdown of the dessert table:
Sugar cookies AND... my first time rolling out cookie dough and using cookie cutters. As you can see I only
have 4 "shapes".... I got bored with rolling out the dough and did the rest in flattened balls of dough. Sue me.
Vanilla cupcakes, Grandma's wedding icing, edges rolled in sprinkles.
Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes from My Baking Addiction with Grandma's
Wedding icing and cupcake tags made by me in photoshop
Orange cupcakes with orange and white swirled Grandma wedding icing...
with same cupcake tags made in photoshop
These were the favor boxes so each guest could bring home a cupcake. These are actually leftover from my wedding...
I just made a tag (in photoshop) large enough to cover the "Eric & Stevie" that were printed on them 5 years ago.
If the cupcakes weren't enough... I made a LARGE cupcake for the centerpiece.
PS - Do you see that orange cupcake to the left... that's sitting on an upside down
margarita glass as a display; I did the same for the Chocolate cookie cupcakes too on the right.
and LASTLY I tried my hand at marshmallow pops (seen EVERYWHERE, but designed to match these) held up by skittles. Not gonna lie... the skittles didn't work at all. Maybe I didn't have enough. These were actually the biggest hit with the kiddos.
And since I didn't catch it in the picture of the table (dummy), here is the wreath that was hanging above the table
This WAS inspired by someone here in blogland... someone I follow but for the life of me I can't find the stinkin blog post to link it to. She found pink and green bows in the dollar section and added a number of the birthday. So if that was YOU... let me know and I will totally post your link!!
And NOW for the party...

Saturday was the party. Then on Sunday, Jillie got baptized. It was a HUGE weekend...

Time to get ready for Thursdays playdate birthday party... I. Am. Exhausted!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked it :)

Linking up: CRAFT, Keeping it Simple, Making the World Cuter, Blackberry Vine, Homework, Not Just a Housewife, A Bowl full of Lemson, Chef in Training, Vintage Gwen, Someday Crafts, Sweetpeas and BB, Women who do it all, Dragonfly Designs, Trophy Wife, DIY by Design, Gingersnap Crafts, My Girlish Whims, Sew Much Ado,  handy man crafty woman, Momnivores Dilema, Gluesticks, Crafty Blog Stalker, It's a Keeper, house of Hepworths, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sun Scholars, Faith Trust and Pixie Dust, Bacon Time, Delicate Construction, Ladybird Ln, Remodeloholic, Naptime Crafters, Just a Girl, Tatertots and Jello, Young and crafty, Running with Glitter, Jessica N Designs,

Featured:


Photobucket,

25 comments:

  1. I love this! You are SO creative!!
    I've seen the "tags" everywhere but have wondered, when you photoshop them do you then have to cut them out or do you print them on precut paper? Same for the backing; are they precut or do you cut those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I print on cardstock and then I have the 2 in scalloped hole punch that I use. I actually don't really have a "Background", I goofed when buying and bought 2 inch instead of 2.5 in. I wanted a 2in circle and a 2.5 scalloped. So I make it in photoshop so it looks like the colored scallop is a different color. I'll email you more specifics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did fabulous!!! Very cute!! And Happy Birthday to your little cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable....can't believe Jillie is one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute party! I LOVE your dessert table with the different flavored cupcakes and take-home boxes. Such a great idea! The wreath is adorable, too. Great job, Mommy! Happy Birthday to your sweet little Jillie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!

    I'm your newest follower and would love it if you could follow me back :)

    Rebecca
    www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky Jillie is to have such a beautiful party! The table and decorations are adorable. Thanks for visiting Cozy Home Scenes.-------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stevie, you did great! Wish William and I could have been there for my little "niece's" 1st birthday party. Everything looked wonderful. I'm going to have you help me with Williams 1st inMarch (I think I want to do wagons :) )

    xoxo Shay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! I'm stopping by and following from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

    It looks like it was a fun party. I love your cupcakes and sugar cookies. My baby is three. They grow up so fast. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had a great time and lots of yummy cupcakes! Everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stevie! What a wonderful party!!! The month by month banner is so precious!!! You did an absolutely stunning dessert table...so impressive!! Thanks so much for dropping by and joining the Tuesday To Do Party!!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI! I love your page and you have a new GFC Fan! I am playing Blog Tag...YOUR IT!, tag me back at:
    http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggity-Blog/260564090644111

    ReplyDelete
  13. TAG! You’re it!! Hi, I’m a new follower from Follow Me Back Blog Hop. It would be great if you stopped by for a visit and followed me back. Have a great week. http://mavesfaves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. you did such a wonderful job! I love all the details- I bet the guests got their sugar high for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, I love it!! I like how you used the glasses to display and allowed people to use a take home box as a favor. I'll have to use those ideas. ;-)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great decorations! I love all the different types of cupcakes on the desert table and the huge cupcake for her cake. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found you through Tatertots and Jello. What an adorable party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those cupcakes look incredible! It looks like it was an awesome party! How did you do the icing swirl on the orange cupcakes? Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fun party and so cute! Love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay!! Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute dessert table. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, what a sweet party for your little Sweetie. I love all that beautiful food! Thanks for linking it up to Fab Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...