Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Over 50 hours of driving...

I am back... finally! Wow, it feels like I've been away FOREVER, but it was only 12 days.

I would be happy if I never had to get into the car ever again after this trip:
  • home to my parents: 8 hrs
  • parents to Clemson: 2.5 hrs
  • Clemson to Atlanta Airport to parents: 5 hrs
  • a few days break....
  • parents to Grandma: 14.5 hours.... straight.... in the car with 2 little girls
  • Grandma to rehearsal: 1.25 hrs
  • rehearsal to Grandma: 1.25 hrs
  • Grandma to Wedding: 1.25 hrs
  • Wedding to Grandma: 1.25 hrs
  • Grandma to parents (split over 2 days): 14.5 hrs
  • parents to home: 9 hrs (stupid traffic)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL OF: 57.5 hours of driving in the past 12 days

Well, I now know that my youngest is not a huge fan of car rides.... that was fun (not at all)! Since we were in the car for 57.5 hours!!

But all in all, the trip was awesome!! We got to go to Clemson to see friends and football.

I got to help decorate some wedding sheet cakes for my Aunt's wedding; I put my Wilton cake decorating class to use.

The girls got to play with their cousin and my cousins kids on the farm and play with stuff that I used to play with as a kid (swing set which has got to be at least 20 years old, a "tread mil", horse, and other various toys).

AND we had wedding festivities!!

Oh! So a scary thing happened on my last leg of the trip; I was driving past a small u-haul truck and just as I passed by I heard a loud BANG. No joke, it scared the bejeezes out of me. I jumped and frantically searched the mirrors and "tested" my car to see what in the world had just happened. Looking in the rear view I see the u-haul had blown a rear tire and they were slowly (and safely) making their way to the side of the road (Thank goodness!!).  I have never heard a tire blow out before and it is the scariest thing ever; I hope I never heard it ever again.

Charlotte started her first day of school for the year (a week and a half after her classmates) this morning and boy was she happy.

I'm slowing starting to unpack and get myself organized and back into my routine again with the gym, errands, playdates, and Bible study (which starts on Friday, woo hoo!). Please bear with me as I get myself back into the swing of things!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

PS - Remember "that day" I was having right before my vacation? Well, this is what happened AFTER the post was written...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...