Saturday, March 10, 2012

{Pinned there, Done That} Cleaning your Dishwasher

I was putzing around on Pinterest the other day and came across this pin that one of my college sorority sisters had pinned on "How to Clean your Dishwasher". I immediately realized that my dishwasher was not working like it should... actually... my dishwasher is SERIOUSLY slacking!

Every time my parents come visit, my mom comments on how foggy and dirty my dishes end up after they are washed. Soooo... when I saw the "How to Clean your Dishwasher" pin I dropped everything and started working on it right then.

Want to see something gross? No?

Oh... sorry.


Yes, that is my filter in the door. Clearly I did not know this needed to be cleaned. YUCK! I have been in this house for nearly 6 years and this is the first time it has been cleaned. Who knows if the previous owners ever cleaned this filter either. Sheeesh!

So anyway, I cleaned the filter with an old toothbrush and water, scrubed the ledge right under the door (where all the food gets stuck), and checked the holes in the spinning arms. I haven't removed the spinning arm on the bottom of the dishwasher yet to clear out the drain... I'll do that soon.

The dishwasher is not running perfect yet... but it's much better, see...


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OH dear... We've been in our house almost 7 years and I haven't touched my filter. Will you come do mine? :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...