Thursday, May 10, 2012

{Pinned there, Done that} Mac N Cheese Muffins

Last night hubby had a meeting and then went out to work with a coworker of sorts, so the kids and I were on our own for dinner. I briefly though about ordering in... but changed my mind. Looking through my freezer (and pinterest) I decided to make Patty-melts with some frozen cooked hamburgers and Mac n Cheese Muffins  (which was this pin) from Emily's Bites. She even gave the nutrition information which I thought was fun.

Now, I will admit, since I was winging it, I didn't have all the ingredients, and I added some more. I didn't use the whole wheat or high fiber macaroni... I just had plain ole' pasta. Also, I did not have Gruyere cheese so I just used all cheddar and Colby. Lastly, I had some frozen, chopped turkey in the freezer so I threw in about a cup of that.



I LOVED THIS! My youngest was a little scared because of the "Green" in it (spinach of course), but my oldest, who is 3, ate a good amount.

Success. The leftover muffins are in my freezer for the next time hubby abandons us for dinner and I don't feel like cooking gourmet.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...